ONE ON ONE STREET PHOTOGRAPHY COACHING
In his workshops, Francesco Sembolini helps photography passionates, specifically in street photography, to make their photographs better, stronger and with expression of their authorial identity. For several years, alone or with the ISE collective, he has transferred knowledge and input to train hundreds of photographers.
One or more days of full immersion with the street photographer Francesco Sembolini.
The One on One workshop is an individual course based on the specific needs of the participant. Everything will be established together. It is designed for those who start to have a great impact in street photography or for advanced who want to overcome some steps or reach goals.
Francesco is a well known street photographer, co-founder of Italian Street Photo Festival and Italian Street Eyes collective. He is very well known in Italy and abroad for the graphic, aesthetics and conceptual street photography. You can learn methods to find unusual pictures, using every element and situation.
During the practice sessions you can observe Francesco throughout the process of making a photo, from the idea to the shot. At the same time Francesco will observe you during the shoot, giving input and suggestions to make your modus operandi even more effective. In most cases it is the way to look, to observe and to overestimate or underestimate the situations that need to be improved. All this to bring out an extraordinary from an ordinariness.
What kind of result do you want to achieve?
Francesco is recognized for an aesthetic, graphic and visual research, but his street approach and being on the street always lead him to fall in love with everyday scenes, situations, behaviors and randomness that he tries to foresee and imagine. Always and in any case for an extraordinary result that can represent, together with society, its photographic identity. And your identity, with what kind of interpretation can be represented? If you don’t know it yet, we’ll find out together. Or we will perfect your already obvious inclinations.
Some examples of graphic interpretations, aesthetics, unlikely scenes, humor and everyday life, but always with a visual character.
Why an individual workshop
The One on One course is undoubtedly the best method to receive an “ad personam” training, taking into account only your own needs, inclinations and personal targets. A Tutor at your complete disposal who will read and interpret your way of approaching you on the street and which will be focused exclusively on the perfect advice for you.
A street photography workshop in the days and times chosen by you.
The One on One path is ideal for researching and defining one’s own street photographic identity, for presenting a site, a project, etc. Ideal for starting to make a sensible editing of your photographs, to introduce yourself or to structure your presentation. Find a photographic journey that will distinguish you for style and approach, deepening and bringing out your authorial inclinations.
Structured for your needs
For every need and result to be obtained, you can structure your own path. In general, an appointment is sufficient to transfer theoretical and practical knowledge to a student to greatly improve his photography. Two days offer the opportunity to structure the course by going into more detail, giving great importance also to the final editing.
- 4 hours (150€)
- One day (300€)
- Two days (500€)
- Two meetings of 2 days each (at distance of time) * (900€)
- By Skype 40€/hour (suggestions and photos review)
*The time interval will be used to put into practice what was received in the first meeting, to metabolize and put into practice the notions received.
Get to know you first of all
Before receiving the optimal advice for the type of course from Francesco Sembolini, it is essential to know the participant from a photographic point of view and beyond. After receiving the participant’s link or photographic material, a telephone or skype meeting will be set up to fully understand the participant’s needs.
For several years, at a distance or personally, I have transferred inputs and feedbacks forming dozens and dozens of photographers.
Collective street photography workshop
“Ho avuto il piacere di seguire ben 4 workshop di Francesco Sembolini. (Orbetello, Perugia 2, Roma) nella parte teorica del workshop la sua conoscenza tecnica e la sua cultura fotografica fanno sicuramente la differenza anche se poi il top sono le uscite con lui…. Diciamo che non è tanto per le chiacchiere ma per i fatti… Trasmette la sua “visione” di streetphotography e riesci a coglierne l’essenza. Numero 1.” Lorenzo
“Per me confermo che è stata una esperienza fantastica sia x quello che tu e Siegfred mi avete dato sia a livello professionale che umano ed anche x il gruppo favoloso. Devo ammettere che adesso quando esco mi guardo intorno con altre prospettive ma ammetto anche che le più volte non trovo l’ispirazione giusta. Ma verrà con il tempo credo e spero. Saluti a te e Sigfried e di nuovo grazie. ” Enio
“I joined the Street Photography workshop with Siegfried Hansen and Francesco Sembolini in Rimini 2018. A week has now passed since the workshop ended and these are my thoughts on why this was such a great experience for me.
- First of all, Francesco and Siegfried are both great photographers. Their excellence and experience was apparent when we were out and about. They saw things and framed things on a completely other level than the participants did. While their photos may seem similar in style, they both had different approaches and different taste. So the participants got to learn a wider set of skills, learning from both photographers.
- It was a very hands on experience. There was a bit of theory on the first day, and then most of the time we were out as a group shooting and getting small assignments. Both Siegfried and Francesco spent time 1on1 with the participants, helping them very practically with making the most of the scenes we encountered.
- The theoretical part was interesting, learning similarities and differences between them, and how they think about their photography. Also, they spent time going through the participants photos and giving feedback, both in the beginning and end of the workshop. That was very valuable, hearing their feedback on your own and others photos.
- The mood was overall relaxed and the schedule was adjusted to fit the participants and the weather. E.g. breaks were added for water since the weather was hot. We also had lunch together both days, which was nice. We spent a bit more time together than scheduled both Saturday and Sunday.
- I took a bit of a risk joining this, since I knew I was probably the only international participant (the others being Italian). But the interpreter did a great job, and I naturally got to spend more time with Siegfried, being the only ones from abroad. There were some times I felt that I missed some nuances of Francescos tutoring, but all in all, it worked really well.
- The workshop description didn’t say what level of photographers it was directed to (maybe something to include for future workshops), but it turned out to fit me just perfectly. Most participants were early in their street photography “careers”.
- Overall, I learned a lot during the workshop. Both from the theoretical parts, but of course mainly from the practical bits and the editing/post processing. The main learnings were about 1. Composition/Framing (colors, details, what to include and not), 2. Practicalities (how to approach the scene and work it out), 3. Artistic vision and style (how to think about your work and how to move forward as a photographer).
- An added touch was that they followed up with me afterwards checking in about my travel and my workshop experience.
I definitely recommend this workshop to other beginner or more experienced street photographers.” Micael
“Esperienza intensa che mi ha aperto gli occhi ad una nuova visione e punti di vista. La passione e la dedizione con cui Francesco trasmette la sua street photography è coinvolgente. Farò tesoro di questo percorso, per la street photography e non solo. Grazie ancora e altamente raccomandato.” Roberto
“I wanted to congratulate for this weekend’s workshop, until now I had always considered that street photography was just taking people back into original situations instead you and Siegfried made me discover that it can become its own interpretation of reality, transforming it from one’s point of view, making it surreal or ironic or even transforming it into a graphic representation. So far I have always tried to take care of the technical aspects of photography, neglecting the creative part a little, now thanks to the input received from you (but also from the other classmates), I am sure that when I see the play of light / shadows, a sign or whatever else you find as soon as you leave home I will begin to explore the possibilities that can be there to get an original shot. I hope to have an opportunity in the future to participate in your / your workshop” Walter
“Thank you!! I met two excellent photographers able of transmitting passion and photographic knowledge together” Giancarla
“Thank you so much. Am really happy to see so many great pictures from everyone 😍 Thanks to you and Siegfried ! Betty